Location : | Business :
TOP 30th COLLEGE INFORMATION TWITTERERS TO FOLLOW It’s no great surprise. Twitter is a superb social media site to find out the new college news and information. Set yourself up a ‘college info’ list for Twitter by adding these to the next list. While you follow these products, notice who they actually are communicating with and who people follow increase more fot it list. Soon enough you will have a extensive Twitter checklist that will make you stay abreast of the hottest college information.
- @SuzanneShaffer -The specified Parent University Coach (helping parents assistance their college-bound teen navigate the college maze).
- @4CollegeParents University Parent’s twitter consideration. Great data for parents of college-bound teens.
- @CollegeVisit Everything you need to know about college goes to from parents, students in addition to experts.
- @CollegeBlogs Wonderful advice related to everything you need to know about college vestibule.
- @SaveCollegeCost The BEST personal advice about for parents and even college-bound youngsters.
- @SheldonWordNerd SAT allow (hook she or he up with he! )
- @SusanPosluszny Work counselor by GREAT profession advice intended for college-bound young people.
- @MyCollegeGuide As always, fantastic information about university or college and all important things related to school.
- @USATodayCollege College media from an exceptional news form.
- @VideoCoach Offering movies with all forms of college tips and help.
- @FastWebdotcom A scholarship internet site that content scholarship options available.
- @TheCollegeGuide Great articles about school life as well as topics associated with college troubles.
- @CollegeWeekLive An online electronic college acceptable offering reside events and also chats.
- @Scholarshipscom A new scholarship web-site that subject material scholarship choices.
- @Cappexcom A college identical, search, and also scholarship web-site for college-bound teens.
- @NYTimesCollege A university news weblog offering up-to-date news together with Q& A.
- @MoneyMgmt101 Helping college-bound teens and the parents try to make wise revenue choices.
- essay writing site @CampusCommons Featuring an beneficial and interesting blog pertaining to college students.
- @IHEAdmissions Material related to university (great article content and information reports).
- @CheapScholar Encouraging students and the parents get college paying for and cheap deals.
- @EntrepreneurEDU Tweeting in relation to entrepreneurial options available in advanced schooling.
- @gilrogers An entrée officer that tweets details about admissions software and the students who put on.
- @zinch Tweets in relation to scholarships as well as finding the ‘perfect fit’ university.
- @TheCampusBuzz Tons of posts related to institution.
- @CollegeCalendar Tips for college-bound teens around staying structured and re-entering admissions.
- @CollegeSurfing Excellent tweets pertaining to college info, college entrée and higher education information.
- @MyUsearch Comply with this twitterer for the most up-to-date college data and current information.
- @Unigo Articles regarding college together with higher education.
- @CollegeBlender — Making it easier to connect to college student, faculty, and alumni blogs.
- @MindFish — A smarter and more enjoyable way to stand before standardized studies. (pass that one on to your company kiddos! )
FRIDAY Q& A-DROPPING A HIGHER SCHOOL LESSONS
Each week I will be posting an issue that mother and father ask, combined with answer. When you have a question you expect for me add, please send me an email or guide message people on Bebo (@SuzanneShaffer) together with I’ll be very happy to feature it.
Q. Is it ok for my favorite teen to lower a high university course middle year?
A new. Even if your company’s college-bound adolescent comes to you in addition to says this colleges won’t see their valuable grades and it doesn’t make a difference, don’t cavern. Colleges will help make the entrée decision previously final pas but they will also request a stop of the calendar year transcript. But if your teen drops a course it will certainly show right now there and may heighten concerns.
Guidance counselors, having good reason, are vehemently with dropping classes. Some educational facilities even demand parents in addition to students to be able to sign a letter recognizing the risk there’re taking regarding college entrance.
According to Shelter Bierer, a college mechanic in Charlotte now, North Carolina, ‘some students get creative and even suggest replacing an online path instead of the a single offered at all their high school and this too is not looked upon confidently. ‘ According to Brown School, ‘The very fact that they wish to take it on the web instead will probably raise eyebrows. If they are acquiring it at any rate, why don’t they will just lodge at class? Should there be a arranging conflict having another advanced course and also the school endorses the transformation for that reason, next we’ll accept that, however , if they are merely substituting a web-based option for an in-class selection, we will be a lot less understanding. ‘
Colleges examine the final records and use it so that you can gauge upcoming performance according to the strength from the courses your teen takes. In case colleges figure out that they have ditched courses when they were endorsed, it could be viewed as grounds meant for revoking a proposal of admission. And frankly, it’s not well worth the risk.
Stimulate your teen to stay it out. May good lesson in persistency and it will placed a habit for their university courses when they are tempted to decrease them in addition. And it will save you the frustration of entrance being recinded at the late!
Agree (0) / Disagree (0)