"Publish manuscript:Please read the guidelines for writers"
Location : | Business :
The key concern of Tobacco Control is always to give a forum for research, analysis, commentary, and debate on policies, programmes, and methods which are more likely to further the objectives of a comprehensive tobacco control policy. The introduction should indicate why the research reported or issues discussed are important in terms of controlling tobacco use, and the discussion section should include an analysis of how the research reported contributes to tobacco control objectives in papers submitted for review.
Documents firmly anchored to a policy that is strategic programme context are more inclined to be accepted for publication. Because the log seeks to achieve a readership that is international writers should think about whether their intended submissions address dilemmas or themes, that are apt to be of great interest to scientists involved in other countries. Overly parochial dilemmas, that incorporate few classes for tobacco control policy outside a paper’s local context, are not likely to be provided with high concern. The manuscripts editors will generally speaking maybe maybe maybe not offer high priority to:
- Studies of cigarette smoking prevalence and its own correlates. These are most readily useful matched to nationwide journals. Few individuals residing outside nation have an interest in whether that nation has 30% or 35% of cigarette smokers.
- Knowledge, attitudes, behaviour (KAB) studies of specific populace teams or health care professionals. Once again, they are better suited to national journals or even to wellness speciality that is professional. Few individuals far away will tend to be enthusiastic about (for instance) whether nurses in a hospital that is regional enthusiastic about helping patients quit. Nationwide studies, and the ones using studies that are such initial areas are of more interest.
- Reports that evoke unanimous “so what?” responses from the editors. They are papers with findings that appear to hold no importance that is obvious changing policy or training in tobacco control. They frequently show methodological finery, but take us anywhere don’t essential or interesting.
- Advice pieces where in actuality the views are unoriginal, badly argued, naive or neglect for essential ethical problems in favor of sloganeering.
- Documents that show the writers have not exposed Tobacco Control and never comprehend its main give attention to tobacco control in the place of on tobacco and its own usage and wellness effects. We have been thinking about such papers, but as long as their writers address the implications of these findings for tobacco control.
- Papers with glaringly apparent, deadly problems that are methodological.
- Papers on topics that want extremely technical or language that is discipline-specific to be comprehended because of the majority of visitors.
- Documents that are replications of currently well-established findings or provide little new information.
- Neighborhood studies where in fact the implications for the journal’s audience that is international uncertain.
- Reports written for governments or neighborhood wellness authorities that somebody thought could be offered a fast make-over and presented as a log paper.
Tobacco Control adheres towards the greatest requirements concerning its editorial policies on book paper writing service ethics, clinical misconduct, permission and peer review criteria. To look at all BMJ Journal policies please make reference to the BMJ Author Hub policies web page.
Articles are posted under a licence that is exclusive non-exclusive licence for UK Crown workers or where BMJ has agreed CC BY is applicable. For all of us authorities officers or workers acting as an element of their formal duties, the terms are as mentioned prior to our licence terms. Writers or their employers retain copyright. Start access articles could be reused underneath the regards to the appropriate imaginative Commons licence to facilitate reuse regarding the content; please relate to the Tobacco Control Author Licence for the Creative that is applicable commons.
Tobacco industry funded work
Tobacco Control will perhaps not start thinking about for publication documents work that is reporting, in entire or perhaps in part, by way of a tobacco business or tobacco industry company. Nor will the journal consider papers by writers whom accept tobacco industry financing, including financing for research expenses, for many or element of any author’s income, or any other types of personal remuneration. For more info, please check this out editorial providing the thinking behind the journal’s policy. Failure to declare interests that are competing distribution, or whenever articles is commissioned, can lead to instant rejection regarding the paper. In case a contending interest comes to light after book, Tobacco Control will issue an official modification to or retraction of this entire paper, as appropriate.
Material previously published online
Tobacco Control is happy to give consideration to documents based wholly or in component on product previously posted on the web. But writers should consider an editorial about this topic: Prior book on line: brand brand new log policy. The editor keeps the customary straight to make modifications any way you like and when essential to reduce, with all the approval associated with author(s), material accepted for publication. Any written or illustrative product that happens to be published elsewhere needs to be duly recognized and associated with the penned consent for the copyright owner (this might be the publisher as opposed to the writer).
Under unique circumstances in which a paper’s findings have straight away appropriate policy implications warranting urgent book, manuscripts can be fast tracked prior to the normal queue of documents. In the event that you feel you feel it is of sufficient importance to be handled urgently that you have good reasons why this is true for your paper, please detail these in a cover letter, explaining the importance of your work for the field and the reason. This demand doesn’t guarantee that the editors will concur, and just a few documents per year is likely to be expedited with this foundation, nonetheless it might help the editors to judge the paper’s value when you look at the context that is current.
Formatting, terms and revised manuscripts
Documents on electric cigarettes should utilize the term ‘electronic cigarettes’ on very very first usage, after which it the abbreviation ‘e-cigarettes’ may be utilized. Documents on other nicotine distribution systems may continue steadily to make use of the word ‘electronic nicotine distribution systems’ accompanied by the abbreviation ‘ENDS’ after very very first usage.
Whenever uploading a revised manuscript, authors must also consist of a split manuscript file showcasing the tracked changes to demonstrate the editors the distinction through the version that is previous. The monitored modifications document must certanly be uploaded as a supplementary file.
Analysis gu > that is reporting
BMJ calls for compliance towards the reporting that is following. Please upload the relevant finished checklist for the research type along with your distribution, and label it “Research checklist”. This can be indicated on the submission form if no relevant checklist is available for your study type.
CONSORT statement – necessary for all randomised managed studies
PRISMA statement – necessary for all systematic reviews
EVEREST statement – Required for several financial evaluations
STARD statement – Required for several research that is diagnostic
STROBE statement – Required for all observational studies
SQUIRE statement – Required for several quality enhancement studies
Guidance and kinds can be obtained from EQUATOR.
We welcome video clip abstracts to come with accepted research articles. These enable authors to actually talk through their work beyond the limitations of the formal article to improve the user’s understanding. Note that individuals will perhaps not request you to think about publishing a video clip abstract until your paper was accepted. Please do not attempt to upload a video abstract upon initial distribution of the manuscript.
There are lots of tutorials online which could guide the creation of a video clip abstract, using commonly and frequently easily available pc software. Windows film Maker and Apple iMovie will be the many examples that are common. Types of movie abstracts can be obtained from The BMJ. Here are a guidelines that are few making a video clip abstract. Writers might also desire to ask their institution’s press/media workplace for support.
- Video abstracts must not stay longer than 4 moments.
- The information and focus associated with the video clip must connect straight to the scholarly research that’s been accepted for book, and really should not stray beyond the info. We suggest itself i.e. briefly outline the background/context of the study, present your research objective, outline the methods used, present the key results and then discuss the implications of the outcomes that you follow the same structure as the paper.
- The presentation and content regarding the movie ought to be in a mode plus in terms which will be understandable and available to an over-all audience that is medical. The primary language should be English, but we welcome subtitles an additional language. Please avoid jargon that’ll not be acquainted to a broad medical market, and never make use of abbreviations.
- Writers often talk straight into the digital digital digital camera and/or provide a slideshow, but we encourage the utilization of other appropriate artistic and audio product (such as for example animations, movies, nevertheless photographs, figures, infographics). If you want to utilize product from formerly posted work or off their sources, please receive the appropriate permissions through the relevant publisher or copyright owner.
Agree (0) / Disagree (0)